Business services encompasses a diverse range of sub-sectors from facilities management to pharmaceutical testing. Whilst each market has its own dynamics, the principal driver of growth is the trend to outsource non business critical functions to reduce the cost and increase the quality of service delivery.
We focus on businesses in the following areas:
- Inspection and testing
- Plant hire
- Business process outsourcing
- Claims management
- Technical consultancy and advisory
- Energy management
The characteristics we look for include:
- Contracted or recurring revenue
- Strong position within a niche with high margins
- Companies providing business critical services
- Fragmented markets with the potential for a buy and build
Spring Ventures people
John leads deals in the business services sector and has previously led investments in Hawksford, CET and Claims Direct.
Business Services Advisory board member: Charlie Cottam
Charlie founded Broadwalk Asset Management, Europe’s first standalone equity fund management business covering the sector.